Part 1: User Research – Interview 3 People
Your group needs to choose either CUNYFirst or DegreeWorks for the midterm project.
For your Group Project Topic:
- What is the main objective of this section of the site?
- What is the goal for the user?
- What is working already in the UI of this site?
- What is not working or is confusing?
Interview questions – Ask about pain points/issues they have found completing specific tasks.
- How has their experience been?
- What is the demographic of this person?
- What year are they in school?
- Are they fairly tech savvy?
- How familiar were they already to CUNY systems?
- Include their name and age.
Refer to page 111 User Interviews of our textbook, A Project Guide to UX Design, for tips on interviewing.
In your blog post, type up Q&A from your interviews. You will be discussing with your group what you have found in class next week from this field research to begin development of prototyping.
Part 2: Card Sorting, User Stories, Paper Prototype, and User Testing
Part 3: Final Prototype (Revised Paper Prototype)
Part 4: Presentation Slides Checklist
- Topic – General overview of your project. What are the positives and negatives with the current User Interface?
- Data Visualization of Interview Trends
- 1 Paper Prototype (variations of IA/UX interaction)
- 2 Paper Prototype
- 3 Paper Prototype
- Data Visualization of User Testing
- Videos of User Testing
- Final Prototype (Revised Paper Prototype)