For the User Research, My group which includes of Tenelle and Michael present the questions and Answers Below:
- With the use of degree works do you feel students still need to get advised?
- Is it easy to maneuver through DegreeWorks?
- Is the design/layout of Degreeworks effective?
- With the usage of degree works how would you say it’s helps you as a student
- Do you have a hard time navigating degreeworks? Why?
- How does Degreeworks help you Maintain your school progress?
- Do you believe that a mobile application is needed?
- Is DegreeWorks FAQ section/ Customer Service necessary ?
- (For seniors) Being that you are in your last semester, would you say that DegreeWorks has been helpful navigating you throughout your 4 years?
Upper Sophomore – Laatoya Roberts ,20
- Yes. I believe that a one on one connection is necessary for college students who may not be able to navigate the online system
- No. I find myself having trouble accessing specific options and tasks such as if i want to imagine about changing my major
- It can be. I think it can be updated to look similar to other networks such as tumblr or twitter
- Yes. Mainly because it’s online I can access it anywhere
- Sometimes the system crashes and I have to login all over again
- I can see my progress, GPA, as well as what level of schooling I am for example and Upper Sophomore
- No. Unless they can make it easier to have one on one connections with an advisor when needed especially if I’m out of the country and I want to take online classes
- It’s always needed. Especially for freshmans who would have no idea what’s going on
- (Non- applicable)
Senior – Aimee Lay-Dunn , 23
- No. I want to be able to access my progress by myself and see what needs to be done according to the system
- It can be. Since I am almost finished with everything it makes it easier for me to see those few courses I can do next. There needs to be access to the course description on degreeworks so i can make my decision over there without switching tabs too often
- It is for me. The red and the green makes it easier for me to see what’s urgent as opposed to what isn’t
- I don’t feel the need to spend alot of time with someone who has to see alot of people in a semester. Degreeworks allows to be the personal guide that I need to remind me of what I need when necessary.
- Not really. I only go on there for one thing.
- I can see what needs to be done and what I have accomplished. I can also see this porgess by semester and my grades etc especially if i need to do something over
- No. I think something like that would be too small to navigate. Probably a mobile application would be needed if someone wants to see their GPA
- Yes. For those who need help with the technology side of things.
- It has. It’s also reliable for me because it’s always there once i’m in school
Freshman –Destiny Jordan, 19
- For me, Yes. Mainly because my degreeworks is so confusing based on all of the courses I have to take. There’s so many options! So many choices!
- No. I don’t think so. Not for me at least. Even though I love IT I believe that it’s difficult to see the different options that I can take since I am yet to declare a major.
- It is. The design is ok since it separates the different sections well. I wish that I can make the decision of changing the colors to make it cool!
- It doesn’t help me as much as I want it to. I still have to hear what a human says is right for me to do at this time in my college journey
- It showed me my GPA from last semester and it tells me that i’m a freshman as opposed to a lower freshman which i find to be really cool
- Still not sure. I know that it shows me the classes I took.
- No. I don’t need another app on my phone that is associated with school.
- Yes! Yes! Yes! I always need help or some type of at call assistance with this thing!
Junior – Danik Banaby, 21
- It lets me keep up to date with my GPA and Calculate what more I need
- Same as Question Five. It’s not accurate in letting you know that you need electives though
- No, People only use it right before the new semester begins
Junior- Michael Benjamin, 21
- Yes. Some students prefer face to face advisement. They seem to understand more
- It can be challenging at times but it’s maneuverable
- The Design can use some work. It can be hard to understand at times
- It helps me to know what classes I have to sign up for
- Not really. I only use it to see how far along I am with my major and what classes I have to sign up for
- It helps me set goals for myself
- Yes it would be helpful
Senior– Kiana Claudio, 25
- It has helped me to understand what I need in order to graduate
- It helps me by allowing me to track my grades and required classes needed
- Not really, but it isn’t a bad idea
- Definitely this is the only place I can go to see exactly how many credits I have and still need
Junior– Dre, 21
- Yes, students still need to get advised because DegreeWorks does not help in every aspect.
- Yes because it’s not much to maneuver through.
- No, because it’s not modernized and only has a limited amount of links to access.
- DegreeWorks helps me understand my academic standing.
- No because it’s pretty simple and has the basic information provided.
- It shows me where I am and what I need to do to graduate.
- Yes, definitely because phones are very accessible.
- DegreeWorks actually does have a FAQ link on the home page, but it is not always accessible or reliable. It frustrates me because it’s supposed to act as a “portable academic advisor” and it doesn’t even have answers to the questions I have.
- I am almost a senior but DegreeWorks really was not useful throughout my college years, i’d rather ask my advisor for help.
Senior– April, 21
- Yes, I believe every student should be advised because hearing advice from another person can positively influence the student.
- At first I had trouble, but my advisor taught me how it works.
- The layout is very simple and gets to the point, so yes it is.
- It’s only helpful when you need to know the status of your standing but I recommend seeing an advisor for help.
- I used to because I wasn’t able to access the information I needed.
- I usually use it to see how many credits I have completed and needed but I usually see my advisor to maintain my progress.
- Yes but I personally would not use it.
- Yes because it helps students maneuver through the site.
- Yes and no; Yes, because I was able to see how many credits I had left towards completing my degree and No, because I still had to see my advisor in person to get an official review of my degree requirements.
Junior– Kel, 20
- No, degreeworks basically has everything you need.
- It is a little easy to maneuver through if you know what you’re looking at but, I feel like it’s too simple to understand because of the limited amount of links and information.
- The layout is boring and not up to date, so it doesn’t make me want to log in.
- No, I don’t really use it.
- Sometimes, when I’m trying to find out my semester GPA, but other than that it’s easy.
- It shows me the classes I have taken but I go to my advisor for progress help.
- Yea but I’m not sure if people will actually download it, I would not.
- No, I don’t think it’s necessary.
- Yea, in terms of knowing my academic status; and no, because I barely use it.